Data Protection – The Big Picture
Less than fifteen months remain before the EU’s mammoth General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force. Organisations of all shapes and sizes in virtually every business, government and non-governmental sector imaginable across the European Union and beyond are affected.
The two-part panel discussion, “Data Protection – The Big Picture‘ will be driven by known local and international experts from the Legal, Data Management and Technology sectors and will help individuals and companies better navigate the process of becoming GDPR compliant. The discussion will cover the following topics:
Part 1: What is GDPR and why does it matter?
• Focused on the legal and data aspects of GDPR implementations.
• What does GDPR mean for different types of companies? How is it organised? What must be done now and what can wait?
Part 2: How to implement GDPR in your organisation?
• Focused on the implementation side including what tools, techniques and approaches can be used to implement GDPR.
• What processes are required? What technologies can be used to support implementation projects?
Who Should Attend
This free event would suit anyone who has organisational responsibility in preparing for GDPR and for anyone involved in the technology and legal sectors that are supporting organisations affected or potentially affected by GDPR.
Tickets & Registration
• Tickets are free however registration is required here.
• There are a limited number of seats at the venue. Places given on a first come first serve basis for registered participants so register early to ensure availability.
• The Hashtag for this event is #DPTalks