NDRC at Digital Exchange, Dublin
NDRC currently runs programmes in Dublin, Galway and Waterford, as well as providing support for similar activities in Oman.
The Hopstore on Rainsford Street, now called the Digital Exchange, has been home to NDRC since 2007.
The Hopstore was constructed in two stages in the period 1879 – 1883 by W.W. Wilson. It was built to house the growing stocks of hops that accompanied the Brewery’s rising output during the 1860s and 1870s.
Standing four stories tall, the Hopstore was built from locally produced Dolphins Barn brick. Each floor was approximately 9,000 sq ft in area, gave a total of 35,000 sq ft of storage.
This great hop store was first used in May 1882. When full it contained 7,500 hop pockets totalling over 15,000 hundredweight of hops.