NDRC's Pre-Commercialisation Programme
Applications are now being sought for NDRC's 2020 Pre-Commercialisation Programme, with anybody interested in commercialising their research welcome to apply.
NDRC's Pre-Commercialisation Programme prepares researchers to focus beyond academia and helps them to transition their intellectual activities into the marketplace.
Now in its fourth year, the programme connects academic researchers with the technological, entrepreneurial and business communities within the local start-up ecosystem.
This is achieved through a customised learning experience over a five-month period, commencing mid-January 2020.
Who can apply:
Postgraduate researchers, postdoctoral researchers or anyone interested in commercialising research.
How we help:
- Together, we will explore ways of commercialising your research and assist in the identification of market opportunities from that research
- We will introduce you to entrepreneurial tools and techniques specific to evidence-based entrepreneurship, and methodologies for building a tech business
- We will help you understand how to build a commercially-focused team
- We will introduce you to, and help you learn from, researchers who have successfully commercialised their research
- We will expand your existing networks of peers, academics, entrepreneurs and industry mentors
What you get:
- An understanding of what a commercial opportunity looks like and what is needed for research to be commercialised
- Business model determination for your future venture
- The ability to determine if your research addresses a real market opportunity through customer discovery and validation activities
- Draft Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Fund application or Enterprise Ireland Feasibility Fund application
- Slidedeck and professional five-minute pitch
We are now open for ‘Expressions of Interest’. Applications will close on Friday, 06 December, 2019 with successful teams being notified in early January, 2018. The programme will commence mid-January, 2020. View the programme schedule here: Pre Commercial Schedule 2020
Expressions of Interest:
To register you interest in partcipating, please complete an Expression of Interest here.
Feedback from 2019 programme participants:
'The programme brought us from the lab into the real world in a way that preserved the value of our idea, but helped make it possible for us to have a real-world impact.'
'I arrived with a solution to fix (what I thought was) a problem. I left with a very clear understanding of a problem needing a solution. This course flipped all of my assumptions on their head.'
'When asked what our greatest learning was, we answered: Everything. Each module opened our eyes to new ideas; each talk inspired us to drive our idea forward. The course was a genuinely enriching experience that I would recommend to anyone.'
'The NDRC has renewed my ambition in startups and was fantastic, not just for the technical content, but for meeting like-minded individuals and networking with the business world.'